Posted on

Sewing Vintage: 1933

It’s finally finished!  I’ve got new garden photos which I’ll post in the next few days, but the dress takes priority 🙂  I had to resize this one, as the pattern was too small, which added a little more work. HOWEVER. After working with pattern sheets this one was a breeze, as, unlike the pattern sheets, these actually have detailed instructions (so no random pieces you have to figure out).  Here it is!

I used a Gucci silk/cotton blend for the pleated insets

and Cerruti pinstriped wool for the dress

because of the center detailing, the extra had to be added to the sides

the inset is pleated first, then sewn in

then the sides are joined, the yoke is sewn in, and the button added. This one is a vintage 40's and made from antler

et voila! The only thing that needs to be done is to iron the hemline...that's why it looks a bit off right here

detail 1

detail 2

the pattern I used from Vogue Vintage

Finished!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s