Posted on

…Nothing but Flowers

On Sunday I finally got sick of having broken technology lying around my house waiting for me to call the garbage service, so I decided to do something with them.  After pulling an old dvd player and dvr to pieces, I decided to use their guts to make two techie plant pots.  It takes a bit of time to wait for the glue to dry before you can move on to the next step, but it’s totally easy and looks awesome!  The first one is done, I’ll post pictures of the second one when it’s done. Here’s how I did it.

Tools: wire cutters, hammer (for weight), phillips head screwdriver, rubber cement

Materials: insides of two dvd players, 4 corner flower pot

step one: glue the panels on. Make sure to let the glue dry properly before moving onto the next side. Trust me on this one.

I used the wires to fill in the missing spaces. I recommend doing three at a time, taping them into place until the glue sets a bit, and then moving on to the next three

and done!

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s